Analyzing the sinking of the Titanic – Data Analysis with Python (Course V)July 12, 2020 2020-08-04 10:49
Analyzing the sinking of the Titanic – Data Analysis with Python (Course V)
How to get the dataset?
Since most of our current and future courses will use data hosted on Kaggle, it might be a good idea to learn how to get a dataset from Kaggle as the first step in this course.
To get the ‘Titanic: Machine Learning from Disaster’ dataset, please follow the following steps:
1. Visit the Kaggle platform through the following URL: https://www.kaggle.com/
2. If you already have a Kaggle account, simply sign in to the platform. If you don’t, click on the ‘Register’ button at the top right of the platform and create a new account. Once you’ve done creating an account, log in to the platform with your credentials.
3. Once you’ve signed in, go to the following URL: https://www.kaggle.com/c/titanic/data
4. Scroll at the end of the page and click on the ‘I understand and agree’ button after reading the competition rules (terms and conditions of the competition). Alternatively, you can also click on ‘Join Competition’.
5. After you’ve entered the competition. Select the train.csv file and download it by clicking on the ‘download’ icon at the top right side of the UI. Place the downloaded file in your working directory.
There you have it! You are now ready to get started with the course.