DataCamp Python Courses ReviewSeptember 27, 2021 2021-10-04 7:22
DataCamp Python Courses Review
DataCamp Python Courses Review
Last month, we enrolled in the ‘Introduction to Python‘ course and ‘Intermediate Python‘ course from DataCamp and completed them. Here’s a detailed DataCamp Python Courses Review based on our experience with these two courses.
‘Introduction to Python‘ Course by DataCamp – 5/5 stars
The ‘Introduction to Python’ course by DataCamp is a course tailored for beginner Python programmers. As the name suggests, we found it as a great resource to get up and started with Python programming.
The course covers 4 different chapters which are:
- Python Basics – This chapter will give you an introduction to the basic concepts of Python. You will learn how to use Python interactively and by using a script while creating acquainting yourself with Python’s basic data types.
- Python Lists – This chapter will teach you how to store, access, and manipulate data in lists: the first step toward efficiently working with huge amounts of data.
- Functions and packages – This chapter will teach you how to use functions, methods, and packages to efficiently leverage the code that brilliant Python developers have written.
- NumPy – This chapter will give you an introduction to NumPy and help you learn to work with powerful tools in the NumPy array, and get started with data exploration.
This course is also a part of the ‘Data Scientist’ and ‘Python Fundamentals’ DataCamp tracks and has over 3 million students already enrolled. For the simple explanations of the course, we give it a 5/5 stars review.
You can enroll in this course by clicking the link and trying out DataCamp by yourself: Enroll in ‘Introduction to Python‘.
‘Intermediate Python‘ Course by DataCamp – 4.5/5 stars
The ‘Intermediate Python’ course is a course made for intermediate Python programmers who have already learned the basics of Python programming such as Python data types and functional programming.
The course covers 5 different chapters which are:
- Matplotlib – This chapter will teach you how to visualize data using Matplotlib. You will learn how to build various types of plots, and customize them to be more visually appealing and interpretable.
- Dictionaries and Pandas – This chapter will teach you about Python dictionaries, an alternative to the Python list, and the pandas DataFrame, the de facto standard to work with tabular data in Python. You will get hands-on practice with creating and manipulating datasets, and you’ll learn how to access the information you need from these data structures.
- Logic, Control Flow, and Filtering – This chapter will teach you about different comparison operators, how to combine them with Boolean operators, and how to use the Boolean outcomes in control structures. You’ll also learn to filter data in pandas DataFrames using logic.
- Loops – This chapter will teach you how to use for and while loops in your Python program.
- Case Study: Hacker Statistics – This chapter will allow you to apply all the concepts you’ve learned in this course. You will use hacker statistics to calculate your chances of winning a bet.
This course is also a part of the ‘Data Analyst’, ‘Data Scientist’ and ‘Python Fundamentals’ DataCamp tracks and has over 600k students already enrolled. For the rich explainability of the course, we give it a 4.5/5 stars review.
You can enroll in this course by clicking the link and try out DataCamp by yourself: Enroll in ‘Intermediate Python‘.
The above-mentioned Python courses by DataCamp were rich in their content and are perfect for beginners as well as intermediate learners. If you have any questions regarding these courses, please feel free to comment them down below and we will get back to you.
Are you interested in working with data? Get a free trial month of LinkedIn Learning and learn Data Science and Machine Learning courses using Python, R, and SQL from top instructors.
Enroll in any one of the courses from the following fields today on LinkedIn Learning and start your free month of learning:
Disclaimer: When you subscribe to LinkedIn Learning, we may earn a small commission as an affiliate. We love the platform so much so that we have been using it ourselves at The Click Reader.