Google has launched the ‘Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate‘ specialization in partnership with Coursera offering 6 different specialization courses. For students in the USA, the specialization is a great way of entering into the world of Python programming and it fetches a 4.8/5 star average rating from 19,000+ student ratings.
The courses offered in the specialization are as follows:
- Crash Course on Python – This course is designed to teach you the foundations in order to write simple programs in Python using the most common structures. No previous exposure to programming is needed. By the end of this course, you’ll understand the benefits of programming in IT roles; be able to write simple programs using Python; figure out how the building blocks of programming fit together; and combine all of this knowledge to solve a complex programming problem.
- Using Python to Interact with the Operating System – By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions — a very powerful tool for processing text files — and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know.
- Introduction to Git and GitHub – In this course, you’ll learn how to keep track of the different versions of your code and configuration files using a popular version control system (VCS) called Git. Throughout this course, you’ll learn about Git’s core functionality so you can understand how and why it’s used in organizations.
- Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques – In this course, you’ll learn strategies for approaching almost any technical problem and then see how those apply to solving different real-world scenarios.
- Configuration Management and the Cloud – n this course, you’ll learn how to apply automation to manage fleets of computers. You’ll understand how to automate the process for deploying new computers, keeping those machines updated, managing large-scale changes, and a lot more.
- Automating Real-World Tasks with Python – In the final course, you’ll tackle real-world scenarios in Qwiklabs that will challenge you to use multiple skills at once.
Seeing that the specialization starts off with a crash course on Python and ends with automating real-world tasks with Python, you can expect to get all the basics of programming down as you progress through the course.
The ‘Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate’ is currently available for free if you ‘audit’ it on Coursera. However, if you want to be certified you will have to take the paid route and complete all assignments as deemed necessary in the course.
Do you want to learn Python, Data Science, and Machine Learning while getting certified? Here are some best selling Datacamp courses that we recommend you enroll in:
- Introduction to Python (Free Course) - 1,000,000+ students already enrolled!
- Introduction to Data Science in Python- 400,000+ students already enrolled!
- Introduction to TensorFlow for Deep Learning with Python - 90,000+ students already enrolled!
- Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R - 70,000+ students already enrolled!