Definition: A computer vision engineer is a data professional who focuses on image data mining and processing. They focus mostly on supervised tasks such as image classification, object detection, image segmentation, and much more.
Salary: The median salary of a computer vision engineer is USD $140,000 per year.
Typical Job Requirement: A typical job requirement of a computer vision engineer is as follows:
- Developing image analysis algorithms and deep learning architectures to solve problems
- Designing and creating platforms for image processing and visualization
- Knowledge of computer vision frameworks and libraries
- Understanding of TensorFlow or PyTorch for dataflow programming
Looking to work on some open-source computer vision projects? You can find tutorials on building such in this comprehensive list of ‘Open-Source Computer Vision Projects (With Tutorials)’.
Do you want to learn Python, Data Science, and Machine Learning while getting certified? Here are some best selling Datacamp courses that we recommend you enroll in:
- Introduction to Python (Free Course) - 1,000,000+ students already enrolled!
- Introduction to Data Science in Python- 400,000+ students already enrolled!
- Introduction to TensorFlow for Deep Learning with Python - 90,000+ students already enrolled!
- Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R - 70,000+ students already enrolled!