Welcome to this course on Matplotlib for Data Science!
In this course, you will be learning all about the Matplotib library, one of the most used library in Python for data visualization.
Objectives of the course
The learning objectives of the course are set out as follows:
- Learn about the fundamentals of a matplotlib plot such as title, axis, grid, etc.
- Learn how to plot various two-dimensional plots such as line, bar, scatter, pie, etc.
- Learn how to plot various three-dimensional plots such as space, line, scatter, etc.
- Learn how to read and manipulate images.
You can expect to have all of these objectives met by the time you reach the end of this course.
Pre-requisites for the course
If this is your first time working on Python, it may be hard for you to effectively grasp all the concepts. Therefore, the following pre-requisites are necessary for you to get the best out of the course:
- Solid understanding of the Python programming language
- Familiar with Numpy, a numerical computation library in Python
If you do not have the above pre-requisites, don’t worry! You can always come back later to this course once you are ready.
Best way to work through the course
The course is not long but requires a good amount of attention from your end.
Before moving to the next lecture, we suggest you to set up your coding environment and open up your Jupyter Notebook. If you are a more advanced user of Python and have your own preferences, please feel free to choose an IDE that you prefer. However, all of the coding examples will be written for execution on Jupyter Notebook cells.
If you come across any problem, please check to see if your code matches exactly with the course or not. If you still are facing errors or have some doubts, please provide your question through the comment section of the specific chapter you are stuck on.
We also recommend you join our community and get connected to our vibrant network of data science aspirants. Once you are in the community, you can share your learnings, form a study group or even get help building a project around Matplotlib.
All good? Okay! Let us head on to the first lesson of the course on ‘Installing and Importing Matplotlib‘.
Do you want to learn Python, Data Science, and Machine Learning while getting certified? Here are some best selling Datacamp courses that we recommend you enroll in:
- Introduction to Python (Free Course) - 1,000,000+ students already enrolled!
- Introduction to Data Science in Python- 400,000+ students already enrolled!
- Introduction to TensorFlow for Deep Learning with Python - 90,000+ students already enrolled!
- Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R - 70,000+ students already enrolled!